Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced that we will bring forward £5 billion of capital investment projects, supporting jobs and our economic recovery – more investment for:
& much more.
This is as well as support from UK Government for families and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic:
• Jobs retention scheme has been used by over 1.1 million employers to protect 9.2 million people’s jobs at a value of £22.9 billion
• Self-employed income support scheme has been used by over 2.6 million to the value of £7.6 billion.
• The safety net is working – with an extra 2.3 million people getting the help they need through Universal Credit (since 12 March)
• Over 50,482 loans have now gone out through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme for SMEs providing £10.53 billion worth of finance.
• 315 loans have been approved for the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme for large firms providing £2.1 billion worth of financing.
• Over 921,000 Bounce Back Loans have been approved worth over £28 billion.
• Over 250,000 VAT payments deferred by businesses to the value of £17.3 billion.