Coronavirus (COVID-19) – support for business
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
All coronavirus related business advice and information is bought together here .
The pages will advise you how to access the support, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
As the virus progresses, and it’s impact understood, further updates will be provided.
The package includes measures to support businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Latest COVID-19 News
- Questioning the First Minister on his Refusal to Hold a Wales Specific COVID InquiryAt this week’s sitting of the Parliamentary Welsh Affairs Committee, I questioned the First Minister, Mark Drakeford, on his refusal to hold a Wales specific COVID inquiry.
- Bridgend Vaccination Update- February 2022A huge thank you to everyone in Bridgend assisting in the vaccination rollout. It remains the safest way to protect our community from COVID- 19.
- Bridgend Vaccination UpdateI have liaised with Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board to provide a COVID vaccination update for Bridgend.
- Testing Removed for Fully Vaccinated TravellersI welcome the UK Government’s announcement to remove all testing measures for fully vaccinated travellers from the 11th of February.
- Wales COVID Rules UpdateThe Welsh Government have updated the COVID rules in Wales.