Coronavirus (COVID-19) – support for business
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
All coronavirus related business advice and information is bought together here .
The pages will advise you how to access the support, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
As the virus progresses, and it’s impact understood, further updates will be provided.
The package includes measures to support businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Latest COVID-19 News
- Jamie Wallis welcomes measures to boost tourism and hospitality businesses across BridgendVAT to be cut for six months for all businesses in the hospitality, accommodation and attractions industries, including up to 360 in Bridgend Public urged… Read More »Support for Business
- JAMIE WALLIS MP WELCOMES CHANCELLOR’S PLAN FOR JOBS IN BRIDGEND· Chancellor launches Plan for Jobs – supporting, creating and protecting jobs across the country as we emerge from the coronavirus outbreak. · More than… Read More »Support for Business
- Calls for schools in Wales to properly reopen in SeptemberBridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, has called on the Welsh Government to provide more clarity on schools reopening in September. The call comes after other parts… Read More »Support for Business
- UK Government £1.57bn support for arts welcomed by Bridgend MPBRIDGEND MP Jamie Wallis has welcomed news that theatres, art galleries and museums in Wales are to get £59 million from the UK Government. Jamie… Read More »Support for Business
- Welcome news for families and businesses as 5-mile rule is scrappedBridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, has welcomed the news that the Welsh Government’s 5-mile travel restriction has been scrapped as of today. This comes as the… Read More »Support for Business