Guidance for employees impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There will be a significant impact on employees and the self-employed who are asked to self-isolate if they have symptoms of the virus, or if others in their household do, or if they take time off sick with the virus. Every person who takes these steps helps ensure lives are saved and that must be supported.
The Government guidance for employees linked below includes the following:
The document below – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Financial Fact Sheet – includes advice for employees, self-employed, businesses as updated on the 19th.
The overall advice is provided here and will be updated as new advice is provided.
Last updated 20th March
Latest COVID-19 News
- “Urgent” changes needed to vaccine rollout.“Urgent” changes are needed to the vaccine rollout in Wales, according to a letter from Bridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, to First Minister, Mark Drakeford. Dr… Read More »Support for Workers
- Jamie Wallis MP calls for support to vital tourism and hospitality industryDuring a Economic debate in the House of Commons yesterday (Monday 11th January), Bridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, asked Rishi Sunak, the Chancellor of the Exchequer,… Read More »Support for Workers
- Bridgend Local Lockdown AnnouncementToday, Monday 21st September, it has been announced by the Welsh Government that Bridgend County Borough will be placed in a local lockdown, like those… Read More »Support for Workers
- New Coronavirus rules come into force in WalesFrom today, Monday 14th September, face coverings are mandatory in indoor public places, like shops. Under 11s and people with health conditions don’t have to… Read More »Support for Workers
- COVID-19: Statement on Bryntirion and Archbishop SchoolsMany parents and residents will have seen the recent news about more than 200 pupils at a school in Bridgend have been asked to self-isolate… Read More »Support for Workers