Guidance for employees impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There will be a significant impact on employees and the self-employed who are asked to self-isolate if they have symptoms of the virus, or if others in their household do, or if they take time off sick with the virus. Every person who takes these steps helps ensure lives are saved and that must be supported.
The Government guidance for employees linked below includes the following:
The document below – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Financial Fact Sheet – includes advice for employees, self-employed, businesses as updated on the 19th.
The overall advice is provided here and will be updated as new advice is provided.
Last updated 20th March
Latest COVID-19 News
- Jamie Wallis welcomes measures to boost tourism and hospitality businesses across BridgendVAT to be cut for six months for all businesses in the hospitality, accommodation and attractions industries, including up to 360 in Bridgend Public urged… Read More »Support for Workers
- JAMIE WALLIS MP WELCOMES CHANCELLOR’S PLAN FOR JOBS IN BRIDGEND· Chancellor launches Plan for Jobs – supporting, creating and protecting jobs across the country as we emerge from the coronavirus outbreak. · More than… Read More »Support for Workers
- Calls for schools in Wales to properly reopen in SeptemberBridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, has called on the Welsh Government to provide more clarity on schools reopening in September. The call comes after other parts… Read More »Support for Workers
- UK Government £1.57bn support for arts welcomed by Bridgend MPBRIDGEND MP Jamie Wallis has welcomed news that theatres, art galleries and museums in Wales are to get £59 million from the UK Government. Jamie… Read More »Support for Workers
- Welcome news for families and businesses as 5-mile rule is scrappedBridgend MP, Jamie Wallis, has welcomed the news that the Welsh Government’s 5-mile travel restriction has been scrapped as of today. This comes as the… Read More »Support for Workers